GVYLON FLOWING SCREED is a blend of GYVLON BINDER, special additives and selected aggregates mixed with clean potable water to produce a pumpable self smoothing, flowing screed (manufactured to BSEN 13813:2002).
FLOWING SCREED USES
Gyvlon Flowing Screed is designed to provide a smooth level surface in both commercial and domestic buildings prior to the application of floor finishes. It can be used Bonded. unbonded or floating. It is particularly suitable for use with under floor heating.
For advice on specifications and for proprietary systems contact your Gyvlon Area Technical & Specifications Manager.
- Increased productivity – 2000m2/day can be easily achieved
- Self compacting
- Self curing
- Can be walked on in 24-48 hours
- Can be loaded after 7 days
- Extremely low shrinkage – does not curl and minimises the risk of cracking.
- Avoids the need for reinforcement
- Significantly reduced thickness when compared to traditional sand – cement screed
- Large bay sizes of up to 1000m2 depending on application (heated floors 300m2)
- Ideal for use with under floor heating
- Can be force dried as early as 7 days after application. Weight saving as a result of thinner section
- Dries at a rate of 1mm per day up to a screed depth of 40mm in good drying conditions
- Easily achieves SR2 finish as described in BS8204. Protein free – cannot harbour harmful bacteria
- Non combustible (tested to BS476 Part 4)
- Minimal Thermal expansion (0.012mm/mK)
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Environmentally friendly
- Appearance/Colour: Off-white fluid mortar
- Water demand: 13-18 % b.w
- pH: >10
- Wet Density: 2200 kg/m3
- Dry Density: 2000 kg/m3
TYPICAL SCREED DATA
- Compressive Strength: C30 N/mm2
- Flexural Strength: 5 N/mm2
MINIMUM APPLICATION THICKNESS
- Bonded: 25mm
- In contact with substrate: 30mm
- Unbonded: 30mm
- Floating Commercial: 40mm
- Floating Domestic: 35mm
- Underfloor Heating: 25mm minimum (30mm nominal) cover to pipes, heating elements.
Gyvlon Flowing Screed is supplied via a concrete plant in truck mixers or transmix trucks or as a bagged material.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Some of the components of this product may be hazardous during mixing and application. Please consult the relevant Health & Safety Data Sheets, available from Lafarge on request and provided with each delivery.
- Nominal recycled content of 36% (Gyvlon binder 98%)
- VOC free
- 100% recyclable